Monday, April 15, 2013

Reflecting and Researching

3 Things I've Learned About My Field

  • No matter what you learn in a classroom in college, there is going to be so much more to learn on the job.  After talking to Professor Corneal, I realized that forming relationships with clients and continuing to focus on communication with them will make the world of a difference no matter what field I go into.
  • Going the extra mile will make your work remembered in the long run (or dragging 700 beds onto a beach)
  • I'm still interested in it!
3 Things I've Learned About Myself as a Researcher
  • I get sidetracked very easily.  This isn't always a bad thing when researching, because you discover new things you weren't intending to even look for, but it can become a problem when the information strays too far from my original intentions.  
  • I've learned a lot from researching.  Through doing this Disciplinary Literacies Blog, I have been forced to go out of my way to find out information about the graphic design field, which I might have put off, or not dug as deep, if it weren't for these assignments.
  • I enjoy researching.  Discovering new things and making connections to what I already know is what makes learning rewarding, and I've developed skills to help me research more efficiently and effectively.
Questions I Still Have About Graphic Design
  • When can I start?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, no matter what we learned in the classroom, we need to learn so much more when we are at work. I personally think forming a relationship with the client would helps you in the future. Just like making friends, we would say when you have a lot of friends, they can always support you.

    ReplyDelete